Thursday, January 12, 2006

Flightless Birds and Inflight Entertainment

I've been pretty unreliable as cconcerns posting for the past while. Excuses include the convergence of: teaching, recording, writing lyrics for said recording, avoiding writing said lyrics for said recording, and watching TV shows. I have, however, written more than a few posts in my mind, so maybe I'll try to make use of that surplus:

I was on a few different flights this past December which took me from Portland to Orlando, then from Orlando to San Francisco, and finally from San Francisco back to Portland. All of these flights were significantly more turbulent than most, a fact that most passengers seemed able to agree upon, judging by the nervous laughter and frozen I'm-afraid-of-death smiles etched on all of our faces.

On the turbulent flight to San Francisco, the video selection for our inflight entertainment was a cute little nature show on penguins at the zoo. I wasn't listening to the audio, but I can say there is something quite disturbing about watching a bunch of flightless birds while perched 30,000 ft. tenuously in the air.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home