Saturday, October 22, 2005

Morning of Unfun

There are many more pleasant ways to start your morning than the one I just used.

Having been up late last night helping Michael Rockstar record an EP and transfer it from 4-track to the computer, I stayed in bed as long as I possibly could. Once awake, I moved around the house as slowly as possible, eating waffles and veggie sausage with a plan to move out onto the porch and continue reading Speaker for the Dead in the light and warmth of this preternaturally un-autumnal day.

Under the seat-right rocker of the rocking chair I intended to sit in, I discovered the corpse of a little pigeon, just beginning to show outward signs of death. After conquering my fear of bird flu, I fetched the snow shovel from the basement and a New Seasons paper bag from the kitchen and moved the victim to the trash can. I then returned to the porch to hose down the contaminated area with Lysol. That's when I discovered the maggot party that I brought to an abrupt end when I moved the bird.

Unfun.

1 Comments:

At 9:33 PM, Blogger Cameron said...

just remind yourself that whatever you're doing, it's really just some way of wasting your life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home